By Omar AL Zabir
Web 2.0 entrepreneur and Microsoft MVP Omar Zabir exhibits ASP.NET 2.0 builders tips on how to construct a leading edge net portal utilizing ASP.NET, the Microsoft AJAX Framework, Silverlight, and .NET 3.5.
- First name to teach ASP.NET builders the way to enforce internet 2.0 rules and practices, utilizing post-ASP.NET 2.0 applied sciences, together with ASP.NET AJAX, .NET 3.5 and Silverlight: Many skilled ASP.NET 2.0 builders are below expanding strain from consumers and consumers to supply them with the performance and consumer adventure stumbled on at Ajax-enabled websites similar to PageFlakes, Google commence and others. Programming net 2.0 with ASP.NET AJAX and .NET 3.0 assumes readers have mastered the middle performance of ASP.NET 2.0 and are searhing for the recent abilities they should take their websites to the following point. more recent applied sciences lined through the ebook contain ASP.NET AJAX, .NET 3.5, Silverlight, LINQ and more.
- Written by way of Pageflakes co-founder and Microsoft MVP Omar AL Zabir: Omar AL Zabir is co-founder of PageFlakes (http://www.pageflakes.com/ ), an award-winning commence web page. He continues a favored web publication on Microsoft applied sciences (http://msmvps.com/blogs/omar/) and often contributes articles to (see The Code undertaking ).
- Includes a whole net 2.0 software equipped utilizing Microsoft applied sciences and services:Building an online 2.0 Portal comprises code for an entire pattern program that demonstrates how ASP.NET AJAX, .NET 3.5 and different applied sciences from Microsoft and 3rd events can be utilized to construct a cutting-edge shopper dealing with or firm portal. Code may be on hand at no cost obtain from the publication website and from a domain maintained by way of the author.
Read or Download Building a Web 2.0 Portal with ASP.NET 3.5 PDF
Best .net books
"This booklet offers a primary examine the recent significant liberate of ASP. web. The authors have labored heavily with the ASP. web group at Microsoft to ensure that this ebook is authoritative, actual, and informative. someone utilizing ASP. internet will discover a wealth of helpful details at the subsequent model. -Scott Guthrie, Product Unit supervisor, net systems and instruments crew, Microsoft CorporationA First examine ASP.
This article describes the structure of a scalable . web software utilizing Microsoft applied sciences, giving an outline of scalability layout that's compatible for IT architects, approach designers, and builders
Complicated . internet Programming is the appropriate subsequent step for builders who've realized a . web language and the elemental workings of the typical Language Runtime, and who now are looking to circulate to the following point. even if we glance in a few aspect on the workings of the CLR, the focal point in the course of the booklet is at the sensible info you should recognize to jot down functions that actually get the main out of .
This designated moment variation is Scot Hillier's follow-up to his market-leading SharePoint ebook. the hot model contains large updates to the former version, with emphasis on visible Studio instruments for place of work 2005 and new methods for utilizing SharePoint to enhance company potency. additionally featured are new workflow recommendations for SharePoint and BizTalk, and a brand new bankruptcy on construction a SharePoint answer from begin to end.
- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 XML (Programmer to Programmer)
- Debugging Strategies For .NET Developers
- Visual Basic .NET - Справочник программиста
- Professional Microsoft Smartphone Programming
- Using Office 365: With Windows 8
- Microsoft Azure: Planning, Deploying, and Managing Your Data Center in the Cloud
Additional info for Building a Web 2.0 Portal with ASP.NET 3.5
You can write the widget as a user control and, in the control code, handle events the usual way for a user control. NET page cycle works the same as ordinary page processing. NET control and write code for its events. The Container provides the widget’s container and frame, and defines a header and a body area. The actual widget is loaded inside the body area at runtime by the widget container. For each widget on the page, the core creates one widget container, and then the widget container dynamically loads the real widget inside its body area.
Put HTML elements before script blocks so that browser can render the HTML block before it starts downloading scripts. The header control is put before the ScriptManager block. This makes the header emit its HTML right after the body tag. Because browsers render top to bottom, putting the HTML block for the search bar at the top of the page will help the browser render the search bar as soon as the user visits the site. Users typically launch their browsers many times a day for the sole purpose of web searching, so they need to be able to get to the search bar as soon as possible.