By Miguel Gama, Fernando Dourado, Stanislaw Bielecki
Bacterial Nanocellulose: From Biotechnology to Bio-Economy offers an summary at the present and destiny functions of bacterial nanocellulose, views at the ecology and economics of its construction, and a short ancient evaluate of BNC comparable companies.
- Discusses fresh progresses at the molecular mechanism of BNC biosynthesis, its law, and creation techniques
- Covers advances within the use of BNC in bio- and nano-polymer composite materials
- Presents a close financial research of BNC production
- Provides an summary at the regulatory framework at the meals and biomedical fields
- Reviews present study within the biomedical and meals industries, identifies gaps, and indicates destiny needs
- Raises information approximately this fabric and its strength makes use of in emergent fields, similar to the advance of aerogels and optoelectronic devices
Read Online or Download Bacterial Nanocellulose. From Biotechnology to Bio-Economy PDF
Similar biomedical engineering books
He call for to make use of radio frequency antennas inside/outside a human physique has risen for biomedical purposes. lots of the examine on antennas for clinical functions has occupied with generating hyperthermia for clinical remedies and tracking a number of physiological parameters. Antennas used to raise the temperature of melanoma tissues can be found inside of or outdoors of the patient’s physique, and the shapes of antennas used rely on their destinations.
Research of scientific facts utilizing engineering instruments is a speedily transforming into region, either in learn and in undefined, but few texts exist that tackle the matter from an interdisciplinary standpoint. Epileptic Seizures and the EEG: size, types, Detection and Prediction brings jointly biology and engineering practices and identifies the elements of the sector which are most crucial to the research of epilepsy.
This quantity specializes in most modern examine in healing units for cardiovascular, i. e. vascular and valvular and cardiac illnesses. within the zone of vascular remedies, features lined relate to newest learn in small-diameter tissue-regenerative vascular grafts, one of many maximum persisting demanding situations in cardiovascular cures, stent grafts and endovascular stents for percutaneous arterial interventions.
Sleek melanoma therapy depends upon Monte Carlo simulations to assist radiotherapists and medical physicists larger comprehend and compute radiation dose from imaging units in addition to make the most 4-dimensional imaging facts. With Monte Carlo-based therapy making plans instruments now to be had from advertisement proprietors, an entire transition to Monte Carlo-based dose calculation tools in radiotherapy might most probably occur within the subsequent decade.
- Patient Safety: Perspectives on Evidence, Information and Knowledge Transfer
- Mechanotransduction, 1st Edition
- Gene Transfer Vectors for Clinical Application, Volume 507 (Methods in Enzymology)
- Zoological Physics: Quantitative Models of Body Design, Actions, and Physical Limitations of Animals
- Co2 Laser Surgery
- Basic Feedback Controls in Biomedicine (Synthesis Lectures on Biomedical Engineering)
Extra resources for Bacterial Nanocellulose. From Biotechnology to Bio-Economy
The acetate pool comes from oxidation of extracellular acetic acid and ethanol by membrane-bound alcohol dehydrogenase and in the periplasm by aldehyde dehydrogenase [79–82]. Therefore, the main side products of BNC production from glucose are glucuronic acid (considerably lowering pH of the media during cultivation) and water-soluble polysaccharides (mostly acetan). The model of Gluconacetobacter metabolism, proposed by Velasco-Bedrán and LópezIsunza, points to a link between ethanol and glucose/fructose catabolic pathways.
Y. W. Z. Yang, J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 34 (2007) 483–489. Bacterial NanoCellulose Synthesis, Recent Findings 45  A. Krystynowicz, W. Czaja, A. Wiktorowska-Jezierska, M. Gonçalves-Mis´kiewicz, M. Turkiewicz, S. Bielecki, J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 29 (2002) 189–195. -C. M. Catchmark, A. Demirci, Biomacromolecules 12 (2011) 730–736.  Y. Li, C. Tian, H. Tian, J. Zhang, X. He, W. Ping, H. Lei, Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 96 (2012) 1479–1487. S. Keshk, Carbohydr. Polym. 99 (2014) 98–100.
Vuyst, S. Weckx, BMC Genomics 14 (2013) 526. S. M. Porto, BMC Proc. 8 (2014) P256.  T. Ishida, M. Mitarai, Y. Sugano, M. Shoda, Biotechnol. Bioeng. 83 (2003) 474–478.  E. L. McCrindle, I. A. Neilan, FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 231 (2004) 253–260. O. Bae, Y. Sugano, K. Ohi, M. Shoda, Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 65 (2004) 315–322.  T. Ishida, Y. Sugano, T. Nakai, M. Shoda, Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 66 (2002) 1677–1681.  T. Nakai, N. Tonouchi, T. Konishi, Y. Kojima, T. Tsuchida, F.