By Norman L. Geisler
This qualifies as a superb creation to Islam which provides the ancient and doctrinal necessities let alone various necessary proof such a lot introductions bypass over. hugely suggested studying.
Read or Download Answering Islam: The Crescent in Light of the Cross PDF
Similar islam books
This booklet investigates the valuable position of cause in Islamic highbrow lifestyles. regardless of frequent characterization of Islam as a approach of trust established in simple terms on revelation, John Walbridge argues that rational equipment, now not fundamentalism, have characterised Islamic legislations, philosophy, and schooling because the medieval interval.
This learn examines the position of the kingdom within the building of data in Islamic civilization in its early classical interval (3rd/9th and 4th/10th centuries). diversified voices representing diverse social teams - savants, litterateurs, non secular students, country officers - all introduced their specific belief of information to endure at the formation of a few of the branches of data identified to Islamic civilization.
A must-read treatise within the move in the direction of an Islamic Renaissance. Dr. Qaradawi contends that the intense pressures of the trendy global and inner decadence have distorted the Islamic imaginative and prescient of many Muslim early life. The reaction has been a retreat from modernism to conservatism and extremism. the writer addresses the above hindrance by means of examining the reasons of the trouble and exhibiting the best way to procedure the Qur'an and Sunnah in a balanced and complete demeanour to convey again a real Islamic civilization.
Introduces Western readers to the basics of Islam and to how Muslims observe non secular teachings to their daily lives. Islam & Muslims addresses every thing from Islamic perceptions of God to marriage, prayer, and politics. Drawing at the author's event residing, educating, and learning within the center East, It breaks down stereotypes, offering contributors in a delicate and independent method.
- The Fatigue of the Shari‘a
- Abbasid Studies IV (Occasional Papers)
- The Woman In The Muslin Mask: Veiling and Identity in Postcolonial Literature
- Mom, Dad, I'm an Atheist: The Guide to Coming Out as a Non-believer
- The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad
Extra info for Answering Islam: The Crescent in Light of the Cross
52 Prophets 53 The fundamental emphasis in Islam regarding the identity of a prophet is on the fact that he must be a human being. Ajijola writes: The prophet, according to the Holy Qur'an, must be a human being, and hence it does not accept the doctrine of incarnation, or God in flesh. The reformation of man is entrusted to men to whom the Divine will is revealed, because only a man could serve as a model for men.... How could God in flesh serve as a model for frail human beings who have to meet hundreds of temptations, whereas for God there exists no possible temptation?
37. 38. Ismail R. : Argus Communications, 1984), 9. Abdalati, 31-32. Ajijola, 130-31. Niazi, 53. , 66. , 63. 46 The Basic Doctrines of Orthodox Islam and condemnation of all human beings (except Christ) find their cause in the rebellion of Adam against the Creator (Rom. 5:12-19). However, once we consider other aspects of Islamic theology, such as the Muslim understanding of sin and prophethood, we begin to realize why Muslim theologians do not draw a great deal of attention to man's fall. 39 Regarding the Qur'anic references to sin, the European Islamicist, Stanton, writes: Sin—The principal terms for this are khati'ah (Hebrew kiwi), ithm (Hebrew asham)) and dhanb .
For example, in 2:136 we read, "Say ye: ' We believe In God, and the revelation Given to us, and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, And the Tribes, and that given To Moses and Jesus, and that given To (all) Prophets from their Lord: We make no difference Between one and another of them: And we bow to God (in Islam) "' (also see 2:132; 5:114). TENSION BETWEEN ISLAM AND OTHER RELIGIONS Islamic belief in divine prophets has brought it in tension with other faiths since almost the very beginning of Muhammad's mission in Arabia.