By Abdollah Vakily
Read Online or Download Ali Shariati and the Mystical Tradition of Islam PDF
Best islam books
This ebook investigates the primary function of cause in Islamic highbrow lifestyles. regardless of frequent characterization of Islam as a method of trust established simply on revelation, John Walbridge argues that rational tools, no longer fundamentalism, have characterised Islamic legislation, philosophy, and schooling because the medieval interval.
This examine examines the position of the country within the building of data in Islamic civilization in its early classical interval (3rd/9th and 4th/10th centuries). various voices representing diverse social teams - savants, litterateurs, non secular students, country officers - all introduced their specific notion of information to undergo at the formation of many of the branches of information identified to Islamic civilization.
A must-read treatise within the circulation in the direction of an Islamic Renaissance. Dr. Qaradawi contends that the extreme pressures of the trendy global and inner decadence have distorted the Islamic imaginative and prescient of many Muslim formative years. The reaction has been a retreat from modernism to conservatism and extremism. the writer addresses the above difficulty by means of studying the motives of the hindrance and exhibiting tips on how to process the Qur'an and Sunnah in a balanced and accomplished demeanour to deliver again a real Islamic civilization.
Introduces Western readers to the basics of Islam and to how Muslims observe non secular teachings to their daily lives. Islam & Muslims addresses every thing from Islamic perceptions of God to marriage, prayer, and politics. Drawing at the author's event residing, instructing, and learning within the heart East, It breaks down stereotypes, proposing participants in a delicate and independent means.
- The Call of Bilal: Islam in the African Diaspora (Islamic Civilization and Muslim Networks)
- Studies in Early Muslim Jurisprudence
- The Crusades: The Flame of Islam
- Schools of Thought, Religions and Sects (Islam Questions And Answers Book 8)
- Jesus in India
- The Eighth Kingdom: How Radical Islam Will Impact the End Times
Extra resources for Ali Shariati and the Mystical Tradition of Islam
8-9. Abü Dharr al-GhifarT was a companion of the Prophet Muhammad, known particularly for his asceticism and his insistence on the just distribution of wealth. 6. , pp. 13-15. 7. See Chapter III, previous Works, p. 29, note 44. 8. Ali Shariati, KavTr, p. 88. 9. , p. 84. 10. Ibid. Il. Suroosh Irfani, Revolutionary Islam in Iran, p. 120. 12. _ When he applied for a passport he used cA1i - i Mazinani as his name, and apparently sinee there was no record of Mazinani in the files of the police the passport was issued to him.
Ervand Abrahamian, The Iranian Mojahedin, p. 105. 3. Ali Shariati, Kavir, pp. 5-13. 4. A. Sachedina, "Ali Shariati: Ideologue of the Iranian Revolution," in VOlces of Resurgent Islam, John L. , p. 193. 5. Yâdna~a-yi ShahId-1 JavId ~IT-i shariCatI, pp. 8-9. Abü Dharr al-GhifarT was a companion of the Prophet Muhammad, known particularly for his asceticism and his insistence on the just distribution of wealth. 6. , pp. 13-15. 7. See Chapter III, previous Works, p. 29, note 44. 8. Ali Shariati, KavTr, p.
22. Ibid. , p. 94. BQot§ 27 Qf tb~ Islam1c 23. Hamid Algar, The Roots of the Islamic Revolution, p. 96. 24. ,p. 86. 25. Ibid. 26. Ibid. Man~ûr al-Hallaj was a mystic orig~nally from Tur (Fars, Persia) who'also resided in Basra, Baghdad and Khuzistan (in Khurasan). He was famous for his ecstatic utterance "1 am the Truth. E. Hallaj was the life study of Massignon. It is true thdt Shariati did refer to Hallaj in his thought and works: however, l disagree with this statement made by Algar on the basis of Shariati's wide exposure to and appreciation of mystics and mystical literature.